1 Pound Lean Ground Pork
3 Tablespoons of Real Maple Syrup
1/4th Cup of Parsley
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/8th Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1/4th Teaspoon of Curry Powder
1/8th Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/8th Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Apple - Peeled & minced
1 Tablespoon of Butter or Butter alternative of your choice.
If you like sweet breakfast sausage, this is a must try! Homemade is SO much better. I've tried a few different recipes and finally played around enough to create this. For me, it's a good balance of sweetness & spices without losing the meaty flavor of the pork. :) If pork isn't your thing, of course you can use turkey or chicken. I don't love the texture of ground poultry, which is the only reason I chose pork.
Start off by peeling and mincing your apple.
Melt your butter in a nonstick pan & add the apple when its hot. Sauté apple until its soft & let cool before incorporating into your pork.
Gently mix together all of your ingredients until everything is fully incorporated.
Use a Tablespoon to make 1 - 2 tablespoon patties.
Spray a nonstick pan with olive oil, cook through & enjoy!
Pair with a small steamed sweet potato & sautéed vegetables for a delicious, healthy & filling breakfast to get you going! '
I cook up a batch of these & freeze them for the week. They re-heat well. I microwave them for 30 seconds on each side then add them to my pan. Alternatively you could put them in the fridge at night and reheat in the pan in the morning. If you try to cook them from frozen they will just burn on the outside while staying cold on the inside. Been there, done that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment